Friday, January 13, 2006

http://www.usj.com.my

I have left this forum, and have logged off. If you wish to contact me privately, or spam me, please use "solorunner@hotmail.com".

The concept of an e-community forum is great, particularly as a supplement to a real brick-and-mortar community. In ancient times, the Greeks and Romans have agoras and public squares for public discussions on economic, political and artistic issues. They were not censored and moderated. These gave rise to a concept we all enjoy call democracy.

E-community forums are the new Agoras. If they get heavily censored and moderated, or one person is permitted to make ALL the calls, then the idea of a freedom of expression forum is lost. The moderator took a dislike to me and accused me of being on a personal vendetta. Granted it is always a fine line when dealing with personal credentials issues, and there are occassions when that line may have been crossed - particularly when you hear horror stories about people being taken in by huge amounts of money for dried foliage, Jessie upping the ante with more outrageous claims, and trolls baiting for a flame war.

Leaving was the best option, as the attention really should be on the dubious credentials and false cures.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like you can continue your thread now....

Mon Jan 16, 09:37:00 PM EST  
Blogger Q-Buster said...

So I was told by a few as well.

I suspected most residents of USJ want to hear about a vendor with a dubious reputation in their very own neighbourhood. I have no doubt that the mod had a dislike to my thread when he first accused me of trying to revive a dead topic (when I was providing periodic updates).

Anyway, I've left and have logged off. I would be happy to return if kwchang apologies and invites me back to post my findings. I have a few more pertinent pieces to complet, after which I will create a summary posting of everything - perhaps a dedicated Jessie Blog.

However, I would be mildly surprise that kwchang would apologize and invite me back, given what I was told and know.

Cheers.

Mon Jan 16, 09:59:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home