Thursday, January 12, 2006

Flying The Not So Friendly Skies of Cyberspace

One of the beauties of cyberspace is the death of distance (McLuhan said this). I have been able to participate in this exposure of “Prof. Dr.” Jessie Chung without even leaving the comfort and freedom of my current country of residence. In fact, with the exception of some searches through paid subscription at my university, I have been able to dig up a whole lot of information, and misinformation, about Jessie Chung.

Cyberspace, unfortunately, has it shares of cyber-tyranny and cyber-punks. One of the web forums that I have visited (and joined) in my research on Jessie Chung has been http://www.usj.com.my. This web forum is a unique web site – it is for a real community. This is very McLuhanesque, perhaps even innovative. However, the manner it is operated is still very medieval. The mod can censor and threaten the closure of threads if they displease him. I guess I struck a nerve when I posted about Jessie - twice. Both times I was told to stop and was threatened with closure. All these while one of the threads had a very high rating - I didn’t know that threads were being rated, and not many were; which adds to the mystery why the mod wanted to close the thread. The thread had about 50-odd posts at that time. There were just two factual comments on Jessie posted by me at that time and the rest of the posts (number close to 10) were clarifications and related to different topics brought into the thread. All in all, 5 times more of the total posts were made by others. And yet the mod saw it fit to single me out. Parallel to this thread were two other threads that ran into the hundreds of posts, bashing two MNC's (in banking and in automotive). There is an obvious pattern - if you bring up unsavoury facts (no matter how well researched) about a local that's not permissible, but foreigner-bashings and blaming all the local ills on us are fair game it seems.

At a personal note, the mod is quite a piece of work as well. He holds kangaroo court and make summary judgements. Doubt that he is a lawyer, but is a lawyer-wannabe. Would be interesting to know what kinds of diplomas hang on his wall.

I decided to leave on my own accord, but not without first having to deal with one of the trolls there. This kid joined (lest than 10 days ago) just for the sole purpose of fighting with me on the Jessie issue. Suspicious?? Cyber punks are everywhere!!!

Separate from http://www.usj.com.my, I have been getting my share of hate e-mails – all from West Peninsular Malaysia, East Malaysia and Australia (where the above mentioned troll’s IP is). I have deleted almost all of them, but kept a few choice and the most recent ones (WARNING: X-RATED):

* You fucking idiot. Go home. We don’t want you here.

* america must die!!!! kill all americans!!!

* … white racist colonial pig …… leave Jessie alone …

* Are you one of these people:
xxx
xxx
(this sender listed every single Asian-sounding names from every university in Ontario ... he didn't get it - I am NOT Malaysian)
… I will get you.

* I know where you leave (sic) and I will fuck you up good.

* you must be jew ...

* Where in Malaysia you live? I have gangster ruf you up for sure.


Pretty gruesome people. Even Jessie's mouth piece, Pierce, threatened the FBI on me, and then recently asked two Toronto reporters to expose me. Wow!!! I am so honoured.

Did I struck a chord? Is Jessie so powerful and well-loved that people are willing to do physical harm to others, just to protect her false credentials and degrees? She must be in this scam so deep that she really needs to protect the bluff this badly. THE STAKES MUST BE HIGHER THAN I IMAGINE, for Jessie to want this white-washed so badly. Denial, then silence, now this. Or maybe I am just a fanatic-magnet??

However I will prevail. My blog will continue until she comes clean and until I have published every truthful fact about her false credentials and degrees. I don't blink easily when I stand on the side of truth.

4 Comments:

Blogger raymond said...

Do you have any evidence that all those people are MLM'ers?

Fri Jan 13, 03:09:00 AM EST  
Blogger Q-Buster said...

Welcome Raymond.

No I have no physical evidence myself, other than what was relayed to me. There is a webpage in Chinese, apparently promoting how lucrative selling this product can be if you sign up and then there is another page listing all the members who are authorised sellers.

If I am wrong, I - as before - will stand corrected.

Do you read Chinese?

Fri Jan 13, 03:27:00 AM EST  
Blogger raymond said...

I don't read Chinese but I think that sweeping statement is an offense to all those honest MLM'ers around, like yours truly. Not all MLMs are created equal and not all MLM'ers are dishonest. I may be wrong but I see more of a franchise system in Natural Farm.

Fri Jan 13, 03:38:00 AM EST  
Blogger WY said...

hi mate. I am quite happy that there are someone out there who are doing what you re doing.

People should not fear truth. We, Malaysian, or infact we as people often are terrified of the idea of seeking for truth. I applaud what you are doing - be it you re malaysian, canadian, or african for that matter... as long as it's a good cause, i don't see why malaysians/usj.com or whoever should bash u. That is what i called misled/misplaced patriotism.

So, thanks for your effort. keep it up.

malaysian.

Tue Jan 17, 03:46:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home