Tuesday, January 10, 2006

More Misleading Testimonies From Dr. Jessie Chung??

"Prof. Dr." Chung had more than 2 months to come clean with her credentials. Despite promises from her one and only vocal spokesperson - Pierce Wong - that she will in this new year Jessie has not only ignored our pleas to come clean but she has thumbed her nose at the presented facts and has taken on a new tack.

I have received a few e-mails alerting me to new information posted on her personal website, that she started referring to herself as "Dr." Chung once again, http://www.jessiechung.com/news_20050320.htm. I do not read any Chinese and my web browser is not enabled for foreign languages, but I know the authors of these few e-mails as being honest and trustworthy – certainly more than I have seen in "Prof. Dr." Jessie Chung.

It appears that she is now taking a different marketing tack by portraying herself as a decent and moral person by invoking the name of God. On the cited webpage above, and in accordance to the e-mail authors who can read Chinese, she has 9 testimonies from people who claimed that "Dr." Chung plus God’s intervention has turned their life and health around. In each and every testimonies, the patients claimed healing / recovery from their ailments thanks to "Dr." Chung (and God incidentally, of course).

As a person of faith myself, I find it offensive and in poor taste (not to mention unprofessional) to be misleading the public by suggesting that she has Godly magical powers to heal, if they participate in her "Body Mind Health Plan" (more detox?). Are there no bounds she would not cross?

From my perspective, if you would pardon my personal view point, I would imagine tampering with his own body would not be a Godly thing for Jeffrey to do. And to claim all of her dubious degrees and credentials to be legitimate and proper would be very unChristian-like (i.e. lie). And then to further have people like Pierce Wong and Rebecca Tiew deny the presented facts, thus making them accessories to her con? To top that, she quietly revised her degrees and credentials on both websites, and dropped the title "Prof.".

And now this? Wow .. she makes Malaysia look lawless and her citizens unsophisticated (and I am beginning to believe that).
If this is indeed her tack, she is blemishing the image of Christians. I understand that Malaysia is an Islamic country but other faiths are tolerated. I do not know how far the other Moslem citizens and government will go before reigning in Christianity if she starts to rip off more patients with her dubious claims of healing Cancer, brain tumours and Hepatitis B because of the "Christian medication" purchased through Nature Health Farm.

She must be so desperate, to be jerking on the heart strings of people like this.

I’ve spent the last 2-1/2 months reflective on these events, and feeling this incredulous sense that a country that boasted of her Twin Towers, Vision 2020, and "Malaysia Boleh" - that such a primitive con is still being perpetrated despite having the whistle blown. And the citizens, you the readers, are so lazaire faire and detached from these events. Well, at this rate … perhaps there will be the Shanghai World Financial Center in 2007, perhaps Vision 2200, and "Afghanistan Boleh" first.

Incidentally, Pierce's latest blog post refered to Jessie as a "Doctor" once again. I replied, twice, to the blog post - that Pierce should perhaps should stop doing that and twice Pierce choose to censor me. I guess that is part of a larger concerted effort. Pierce is now VERY CLEARLY an accessory to this con.

3 Comments:

Blogger Q-Buster said...

Hello burntan, and welcome.

Thanks for posting. If I have been misled, I stand corrected.

However, I did obtained a translation off babelfish and it was, by tone and intention, similar to the e-mail I received. While she is deviously shy of making that connection between her products and God, she sure is using religion as her next ploy. It is call marketing by association.

No different than using Tiger Woods to market golf wear.

That's my perspective. However, if you disagree with my perspective, I respect that. What I do not respect is silence and simple acquiesce.

Acquiesce, in my opinion, is the lowest form of existence.

Wed Jan 11, 01:01:00 AM EST  
Blogger Howsy said...

I believe when everything else failed, using God is the best answer. No need to look far. Our own Lady of Iron swore on the Quran for the AP (Approved Permit) scandal. And the infamous one by Bush-"God made me attack Iraq".

Wed Jan 11, 08:43:00 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Доставляем товары из Китая! Индивидуальный подход к каждому клиенту.
Наш телефон: 8 800 600-58-54

Thu Jan 28, 08:27:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home